What information do I need to provide to get a merchant account?
In order to get a merchant account with us, we require the following information from you in the online application form. The application form takes, on average, only 10 minutes to complete.
1. Company information
We require the following company information from you:
- Registration number
- Company name
- Company phone number and e-mail
If you have a non-Danish company, we require additional information:
A photo/scan of your registration paper containing:
- Company registration number
- Company name
- Name(s) and address(es) of the owner(s) of the company
Why do we ask about this? According to anti-money laundering regulations, we are obliged to know the company we are doing business with.
2. Director’s information
We require the following director information from you:
- Social security number
- Identity legitimation (a photo/scan of your driver’s license, or a photo/scan of your passport)
- Address legitimation (a photo/scan of your national ID)
- Only in Denmark. We also accept a photo/scan of your CPR, or a print screen of the address present on borger.dk
Why do we ask about this? According to anti-money laundering regulations, we are obliged to know your company’s top management.
3. Company ownership
Select ownership type:
- The merchant is a sole proprietorship owned by the director
- The merchant is a sole proprietorship not owned by the director
- One or more owners are holding a direct or indirect share of more than 25%
- No owners are holding a direct or indirect share of more than 25%
Why do we ask about this? According to anti-money laundering regulations, we are obliged to know who owns (directly or indirectly) more than 25% of your company.
4. Website information
Read this article for more information: What are the requirements for my webshop?
5. Business Model
Describe your company’s business model.
Make a short explanation of what you are going to sell in your webshop.
- Example: My shop will sell clothes and toys for children.
- Some companies market their business under a different name than their company’s registered legal name.
- Example: “Royal Dutch Shell, PLC” is marketed as “Shell”.
- Let us know whether you offer products/services in exchange for monthly/quarterly/annual etc. payments:
- Example: Your customers pay you 30€ each month for their magazine subscription.
Why do we ask about this? We would like to get to know and understand your business better, in order to offer you our best possible service.
6. Bank account
Specify bank account details.
- Currency of the account
- Swift (BIC) code
- IBAN number
Why do we ask about this? With Clearhaus, you can accept money from your customers in any currency. We then pay you in DKK, EUR, SEK, NOK, GBP or USD.